And just like that, Christmas is over and we are a few days away from a new year. I don’t know about you guys, but I will gladly open the door for 2016 to exit. It sounds like 2016 was a pretty rough year for a number of people, including myself. It was also a year full of learning but I am ready for a fresh start and ready to welcome the new year with open arms.
This month’s bag is so fuzzy and festive and can also be used a small clutch for going out. Without further ado, let’s get into my last Ipsy Glam Bag of 2016!
- Mint Pear Beauty Blending Sponge, $20: This blending sponge is the same price as original beauty blender and fulfills the same purpose. The only difference is that this sponge does not expand when wet. It will remain the same size when applying foundation.
- Benefit Cosmetics the POREfessional face primer, $31: I tried this primer years ago when I started wearing liquid foundation and learned I needed to prime my face before application. Honestly, this primer did not work for me. After about two hours, oil would begin to resurface on my skin and it made me just want to take my foundation off. It wasn’t a good experience for me but this primer most likely works better for someone with normal or dry skin. For my oily-combo skin girls, the primers I use in rotation are: 1, 2 and 3.
- mPrincess Mineral Eyeshadow in Melting Maple, $15: I have not heard of mPrincess before but I am loving how pigmented and blendable this shade is. I love the shade and will definitely use it the next time I do a bronzy look.
- Marc Anthony True Professional Strictly Curls Envy Perfect Curl Cream, $7.99: For some reason, I have always been skeptical of this brand and I think it’s because of the mixed reviews I’ve read online. The purpose of this cream is to control and define frizzy hair but adding moisture to achieve soft and shiny curls. The scent is very light too. I have not tried this product yet but I will try it out the next time my hair is curly.
- tarte cosmetics tarteist glossy lip paint in wcw, $20: I was excited to receive this in my bag as I have been wanting to try out these glosses! Tarte has been on a roll this year launching new products consistently and I have to say their new tarteist collection is really good! These lippies also have the cutest names, like Slay and Goals. I do love this shade but wish the gloss was longer lasting. I probably won’t buy the glosses but will continue to buy their liquid lipsticks as I am a fan of those!
Sign up for ipsy today: https://www.ipsy.com/new?cid=ppage_ref&sid=link&refer=2xvf